ICSHP collaborates extensively with international partners to share its small hydropower (SHP) resources and expertise. The Secretariat provides assistance to its membership and affiliated developing countries to support all facets of SHP development.
1. SHP awareness & policy advice: by working with groups with different interests and policy makers, the advantages of SHP development are diffused aiming at creation of an SHP-friendly policy atmosphere.
2. Technical advice: our experts reply technical questions about SHP from INSHP Members.
3. Project consultation: ICSHP provides consultation services such as site identification, feasibility studies, technical design and equipment selection.
4. Information exchange: ICSHP publishes the quarterly Medium/Small Hydropower & Equipment (English), Newsletter (electronic English version) and International SHP Forum (Chinese) and professional books.
5. Personnel training: ICSHP organizes training workshops covering all SHP relevant topics with time duration from several days to a few months each year. ICSHP also provides on-the-job training opportunities.
6. Fundraising for SHP projects: there are mainly three ways for ICSHP to help raise funds for SHP projects for international counterparts: donation from multilateral organizations such as UN, donation from government and commercial sources.
7. Broker between project developers and investors, clients and suppliers: ICSHP is a nexus which connects SHP developers and investors, clients and suppliers.